Saturday, June 16, 2012

Out the window

Oh, for Pete's sake.  I just erased a post and created an empty one. Maybe it was a sign that I need to edit my thoughts, because I was rather wordy.

Condensed version: I had the opportunities to see the work of Karyn Debrasky (www.karyndebrasky.com and on Facebook at Karyn Debrasky Design, LLC), a mixed media artist. Awesome and inspiring.

A lot of the materials she used look a lot like the materials I have in my studio. I had said to my daughter Mara that sometimes I felt sad that my cards probably soon ended up in someone's trash.  She asked me to create something for her that would end up framed, on her wall.

Well, seeing the work of Karyn Debrasky helped me say yes in my spirit to a new direction. Sometimes when you say "yes" to a new thing, a door opens and in walks creativity or at least the willingness to really explore a new territory.

So I say yes to Mara's request, with enthusiasm and hope!


6 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean! That's exactly why I started making cards that fit standard size frames... too much work to be tossed. Thanks for finding me on Twitter, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne to Ann: thanks for the comment! That's a good idea that you had -- what sizes do you make?

      Delete
  2. 5x7 and 4x6 work for me... it's fairly easy to find frames in those sizes. I tend to just write inside the card rather than put wording on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne, I look forward to being your customer :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan! Noticed your name change. Congratulations and best wishes for lots and lots of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan! Noticed your name change. Congratulations and best wishes for lots and lots of joy!

    ReplyDelete