Saturday, June 16, 2012

Some assembly required

Glad to be indoors today, out of the heat and into the cool comfort of my basement studio. Just had a visit from my daughter Hannah (check out her poetry blog at thestorialist.com), who gave me a flash tutorial on basic Twitter (last logon was 133 days ago). I showed her the ladybug card, which she loved. Making those insects was an investment of time, for sure. And such close work that I was thinking longingly of a magnifying glass for crafts as a future birthday or holiday gift for myself.

However, I really do love making embellishments from different punched-out shapes, even at the expense of my neck and eyes.  I found an old catalogue describing how to make ice cream treats, and after experimenting with sizes and paper and color, came up with my first attempt. Obviously, some assembly required.







1 comment:

  1. Anne, I love your cards and I love the flip action too! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete