Monday, July 15, 2013

Good morning!  I am up much earlier than I need to be this morning, and rather than spend time watching CNN, which is never a good way to start my day, I am here.

I spent some time at the Columbus Arts Festival last year. There are so many creative people in the world, and some of their work brought tears to my eyes, and some a little envy, I have to admit.

There was a multimedia artist named Karyn Debrasky whose framed art drew me into her booth like a magnet. She used textured papers and jewelry findings, foil, buttons, and what looked to me like a lot of the stuff in my own studio. Please check out her website at www.karyndebrasky.com or find her on Facebook: Karyn Debrasky Design, LLC.

Talk about inspiration for a card maker like me! My younger daughter Mara asked me to design something for her that she could hang on the wall, and I'm now taking this as an artistic challenge. My older daughter would also like something, and this was music to my ears. Wow. Create something that would not soon be discarded (hopefully in the recycling bin).

The spirit of her work gave me such hope and I am so grateful to her. And I felt a new connection to mixed media. Could this be the start of something beautiful that could last?

I dunno, but I am open to it. And I've found that once a person says "yes" to a new thing, a lot of times, and a new door opens, well what do you know, in enters the opportunity and creativity to do it

No comments:

Post a Comment