Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Seems Like Old Times


Look at all of these tea bag holders. Probably 75 of them, at least. Every one folded, taped, glued, and beribboned in my studio, by Hannah and me, this afternoon.


It reminded both of us of doing crafts together when she was little--those bead things you iron and make an I-don’t-know-what, maybe a coaster?—stringing pony beads into hideous necklaces, or sculpting Fantastic Plastic into free form shapes to glue onto a pin and call a brooch.

Laughable to us now, it was wonderful to spend that time together.

The pony bead necklaces, not so much.

2 comments:

  1. I remember those days with my now 22 year old daughter. The beads that you ironed... seemed like a necessary thing at the time. If I find one I'm going to put it on a card and send to her or someone.

    Your tea bag pouches are delightful and a great gift when visiting friends! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, thank you for the two compliments -- liking the pouches and reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete