Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Zinnias for summer


While I was lunching with my wonderful daughter Mara yesterday (I had two days off this week! Yay for vacation days!), I asked her which of the cards I've made she liked best. Without missing a beat, she said "The vases of flowers. It's like sending someone a bouquet." I took her preference to heart (they were mine too, though lots of work) and spent some hours punching and glueing layers of petals together.

For the paper I used one of my favorite resources: Target. They have a box of 200 plain notecards with 200 envelopes to match. I think the price went up from $10 to $12 or $13, it's worth it for the envelopes alone. They come in pastel, bright, and harvest color palettes.

The vases are circles cut from paint chips (thank you, Home Depot and Lowe's). This one has a sandy texture and some sparkle, which my camera did not pick up.

I hope you like this one, because I'll be at it all afternoon, making more! (Netflix is slower than I am in watching so went to the library and took out seasons 1 and 2 of Damages. Very good. I still miss Lost, though.)

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these...thank you for visiting me...you have the most incredible daughter, I am so addicted to her poetry even if I don't have time for anything I have to make time for her..she is a genius...and I am sure your genes are responsible for that! -m

    ReplyDelete